- Cut a 2 to 3-feet piece of yarn. Set aside for later.
- Start wrapping the other yarn around the object. Keep going round and round (I went around about 200 times for this particular pom-pom, but you can decide how full you want your pom-pom – also, some yarns will be thicker than others).
- Once you are finished wrapping, pull the yarn bundle off of the cereal box.
- Stretch well the yarn
- Place the yarn bundle on top (centered) of the long piece of yarn from step 1.
- Tie a knot around the yarn bundle – make sure the knot is tight
- Find the long pom-pom strings and keep a hold of them (so they don’t get cut in the process)
- Use your scissors to cut through the loops of the yarn bundle.
- Once you have all the loops cut, all the pom-pom needs is a haircut. Start trimming away to make your pom-pom look pretty.
Thanks to http://stik.in/pompons